Today it’s been a great day for independent game developers in Spain. PAD (Professional Associated Developers) was recently founded and today it’s been officially introduced to the world. Public Institutions were present as well as dedicated press, and indeed Lemon Team was there too as part of the association (40 companies are already on board!) 🙂
It’s been a good day to meet old friends again and discover new faces as well. Glad to see everyone is doing better year after year, and new spanish companies are emerging with a lot of strength and passion. We really hope the trend stands up for many years to come!
As the official web declares, PAD is a non lucrative, open, active, inclusive, horizontal and transparent organization with the goal of fulfilling the real needs of the independent (indie) video game developer.
Its objectives are clearly defined as:
- Promote the cooperation between companies.
- Promote the video game industry and associates by participating in international events.
- Organize a Developers Congress.
- Bridge between media and associates.
- Help associates find quality counsel in business management.
- Establish cooperation agreements with organizations from other sectors, public and private organizations, universities and other specialized educational centres.